- Thaw waffles and bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes
- Place 12 waffles each on 6 bun pan. Top each waffle with ½ C (#16 scoop) of the Apple Filling Mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes, until apple filling is warm.
- Remove from oven and drizzle generously with the Apple Dumpling Sauce.
- Right before serving, top each Apple Dumpling Waffle with cinnamon sugar pie dough strips.
- Serve warm.
Preparation of Apple Filling Mix:
- Peel, core, and cut into slices 1 case of Granny Smith apples. Place apples in a deep pan with a bit of water, 4 cups
brown sugar, 4 teaspoons cinnamon, 1-1/2 teaspoons nutmeg, 1 cup flour and ½ cup lemon juice. Bake at 425
degrees for 15 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool for 40 minutes before topping the waffles. Or, for a short-cut
and use canned apple pie filling.
Preparation of Apple dumpling Sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together 6 cups brown sugar, 8 cups water, 1 cup butter, 1-1/2 Tablespoon
cinnamon. Heat to a boil and then reduce heat until ready to use.
Preparation of Pie dough strips:
- Roll out 8 pie shells and place on bun pan. Brush with butter and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees until pie dough is cooked and firmly crispy.